Organic Australian Produce
Thyme (SYD) $3.60/bunch
Coriander (SYD) $3.25/bunch
Red Capsicum (QLD) $15.00/kg
*REDUCED* Rhubarb $5.00/bunch
Leek (SYD) $2.95/each
English Spinach $4.70/bunch
Beetroot (SYD) $6.80/bunch
Broccoli (QLD) $9.50/kg
Jacaranda Lettuce Mix (Dickson, ACT) $30.00/kg
Kale (SYD) $4.70/bunch
Silverbeet (SYD) $5.25/bunch
Red Papaya (Nth QLD) $7.20/kg
In an effort to curb wastage of fresh produce, every Saturday,
all fresh fruit & vegetables will be 10% off the marked price
every Saturday from 10a-4p
Gleam – Soap Free Dishwashing Liquid
Sparkle – Soap Free General Purpose Liquid Cleaner
Forrest – Soap Free Eucalyptus Laundry Liquid
Citrus – Soap Free Lemon Laundry Liquid
Glisten – Soap Free Dishwashing Powder
Snow – Soap Free Washing Powder
– Made in O’Connor ACT
– Made from all natural ingredients sourced in Australia
– Free of detergent, SLS, phosphate, palm oil, ammonia and other nasty synthetic chemicals
– Low allergenic
– Minimal packaging is used
– A substantial portion of re-used packaging is used (from restaurants [cleaned & rinsed in rain water] and returned by customers)
– Ingredients are sourced as locally as possible from the producer/distributor to minimise energy input
– Production and delivery system uses a ‘circular’ model to minimise energy use
– All product is made locally and independently by Naturally Clean.
– Excellent in cold water
– Grey water can be used untreated in the garden with no long term negative effects
– Certified by CCF as not tested on animals, vegan suitable and not having palm oil or derivatives
To Clean Your Clothes and Home
– Gives a fresh, natural feel
– Safe on all fabrics
– Rapidly dissolvable with no residual soap deposits
– Fantastic on cloth nappies
– Laundry liquids are especially great on lycra, gym & compression gear, fine wool, silk, etc
– Cleans your washing machine
– Excellent in front loadersSpring Cleaning Season is here, so come in and stock up on local, natural cleaning products. To find out more about Naturally Clean & their full line of natural soap free cleaning products, check out their website.
Acoustic Soup Returns Next Wednesday…
Everyone’s favourite Food Co-op Shop & Cafe fundraiser, Acoustic Soup, returns Wednesday 11 September to groove and grub with Clair, Amelia, & Crew. Brother Be is headlining. Entry is $8 for students/members and $10 for the general public. Check out next week’s Fresh In! for more details.
The Food Co-op Shop & Cafe will be holding a Spring Fling Market event Saturday 21 September from 10am-2pm.
- The Cafe will be Open during the event selling coffee, tea, and snacks.
- $5 Lunches will be available from 11am-1pm.
- There will be a Clothing Swap to bring clothing you no longer want (in good condition) and leave with something fresh. A gold coin donation is required for participation in the Clothing Swap, and you will be able to take as many items as you bring. Any left over clothes will be donated.
- There will be Live Music during the event.
- …and, as always, The Shop will be Open from 10am-4pm
The crew that brings you Acoustic Soup is bringing you an exciting new event. Word Co-op will debut Saturday 21 September at 7pm at the Food Co-op Shop & Cafe. There will be poetry featuring:
Donations will be accepted at the door, and food & drinks will be available for purchase.
- An experienced financial auditor to complete our end of financial year audit
- Someone to help us on Monday afternoons with our fresh produce delivery & veggie box packing in an ongoing capacity as support to our existing stock team
- People to help with clean up after our weekday lunches between 2-3pm Tuesday through Friday
- People to help with Acoustic Soup food prep, service, and clean up on Tuesday 10 September evening and Wednesday 11 September from midday
- Anyone who may have a fully functional electric oven/stove to donate
- An electrician who could install an oven/stove
- Donations of clean, empty glass jars and bottles with sealable lids.