We are a not-for-profit, community-run food co-op & cafe in Canberra. We support local, organic, unpackaged, fair trade and affordable food for all.
Our mission is to provide access to affordable, healthy food with minimal packaging in an environment that fosters participation and cooperation.
- Provide healthy food to our members & the public at affordable prices
- Promote local and home grown produce
- Make organic food affordable for students, families and low income earners
- Encourage member participation
- Provide information and education about nutrition
- Encourage members to adopt sustainable practices
- Waste minimisation
- Environmental Responsibility
- Community Participation
- Inclusion & Openness
Our Members: .
- 65% of the current members are ANU students, staff or alumni
- Over 65% of members live in a household with children
- Over 90% of those who shop with their children find it easier than shopping in a supermarket
- Over 50% of members have an annual income of less than $15,000.
If you are not yet a member, find out about our membership.
The Food Co-op is proud to be associated with our community partner organisations
Co-op members receive a discount of $5 on CDT memberships (and CDT members receive a $5 discount on Co-op membership).
Canberra Dance Theatre (next door to the Co-op) was established in 1977 and is Canberra's leading non-profit community dance company. Classes are offered in a huge range of dance styles for anyone aged 15 or older who enjoys dance or movement.
More info: http://canberradancetheatre.org/