Everyone is welcome to shop at the Co-op, but there are benefits to being a member.
Members receive a two week discount of 15% for every hour they volunteer and as a member, you are also able to request bulk orders, from which you will receive an additional 10% discount.
Cost of membership: $50, or $35 concession rate
- Membership = no discount
- Membership Bulk Buy = 10% discount
- Active membership = 15% discount
- Bulk buy active membership = 15% + a further 10% discount = 23.5%
If you’d like to become a member, ask the volunteer at the counter. New members receive a 15% discount on their first shop at the Co-op, as well as a FREE lunch or coffee from our cafe. Membership is individual, lasts for 12 months, and is available at a standard or a concession rate.
Additional member benefits include:
- Lunch and event discounts
- Rights to sell organic or homegrown/handmade produce on consignment
- Be part of a healthy, interactive, ethical, environmentally conscious, and community focused organization
Members own the Co-op, share the benefits of it and have the opportunity to work in it. The Co-op is managed with consensus-based decision making and all members are invited to participate. The Co-op employs two part time managers. Members act as volunteer co-ordinators staffing the store, and perform the other tasks required to keep the Co-op operating.
Learn more about the Co-op and its rules of operation.